Curb appeal, or the way a house looks from the outside, is a big point of pride for all homeowners. You want your house to look nice, but unfortunately home improvement projects can get expensive. However, there are a few simple, easy and low-cost ways you can boost your home’s curb appeal. From cleaning your siding to installing new window shutters on your Raleigh, NC home, these tips will come in handy for boosting your curb appeal:
- Install Shutters –Window shutters offer a whole host of benefits for homes, one of which is boosting curb appeal with classic charm. Plus, shutters are functional and energy efficient.
- Update a Statement Window – Replacement windows have great benefits for any home, from bringing down heating and cooling bills to enhancing the home appearance. While you might not be able to afford replacement windows for every window in your home, you can choose to install one replacement window to make a statement window. Installing something more dramatic, like a bay window or stained-glass window, can bring some personality and flair to your home to help boost its curb appeal.
- Paint Your Shutters – Yes, completely repainting your home would certainly boost its curb appeal. But, again, that’s a very expensive project. Instead of repainting your entire home, try repainting the shutters and trim. You can choose a bold new color to add some flair, or just do a new coat of your existing color for a cleaner, more fresh appearance.
- Clean Your Siding – You wash your clothes, floors, and even curtains. But when was the last time you washed your home? Dirt, animal droppings, pollen, spider webs, and all other kinds of grime can accumulate on your home’s siding. While replacing your siding is a definite fix, a full siding replacement is a big investment. But a quick wash? Cheap and easy. Rent or borrow a pressure washer and spend an afternoon scoring away the layers of dirt off of your siding. You can also use a long-handled soft bristle brush and a gentle solution of water and vinegar.
- Resurface Your Driveway – An old, cracked driveway can really detract from a home’s overall appearance. Luckily, it isn’t too hard to resurface asphalt or concrete on your own. The job will take about a day, and it will be a good workout, but it’s very doable. You can also freshen a stone driveway by adding a fresh layer of matching stone and pulling any stray weeds.
- Plant Flowers – Nothing makes a home more welcoming and lovely than greenery and flowers. You should refresh your home’s landscaping at least once a year. If you don’t have plant beds or greenery, make a trip to your local gardening center. The salespeople will be able to advise you on what kinds of plants would be best for your home. All plants are lovely and, as an additional bonus, more plants mean less grass to mow.
Kiwi Designs, Fine Blinds & Shutters is here to help if you want to learn more about these tips or Raleigh, NC window shutters. Call or visit us today!