As companies get more and more comfortable with their employees working remotely, you get the chance to ditch the commute for good and work from home. However, this also means that you need to set up a good home office. That’s where these tips, like adding new window blinds to your Raleigh, NC home, come in:
- Find a Good Desk – There are two main kinds of desks, standing and sitting. If you choose to go the standing desk route., be sure you find a good mat to stand on so your feet don’t get sore or tired. But no matter if you choose standing or sitting, be sure your desk has enough workspace. You need to have enough room for all the items you use on a daily basis like a computer, phone, monitor, paper, and pens, plus all those extras that always seem to pile up.
- Have Fun with Accessories – If you’re working from home, why not have some fun? Pick out accessories like wastebaskets, wall art, desk décor, or even a basic pencil cup that make you smile or make you happy.
- Choose the Right Room – You need to find a room or area in your home in which you can create your office. While working on the couch or in bed might be tempting, its best to have a space that’s dedicated to work and one that can fit a desk and a chair, at least. Don’t forget to consider foot traffic, too, as it will be tough to work if everyone in the family is constantly walking by your desk or stopping to chat. Extra bedrooms, corners of the kitchen, basements, playrooms, or sunrooms are best.
- Focus On Organization – Its always smart to create a good organizational system right from the start. Plus, the right organization will make even the smallest space seem a lot bigger. Look for shelves, cubbies, baskets, and bins to help you stay organized.
- Great Light – Lighting is also very important. It’s great to have lots of natural light in your office space to keep you energized and awake, but it’s also good to be able to customize that light when needed. Window treatments like blinds are excellent for offices because they allow you to personalize how much light you get throughout the day.
- Access to Power – You need to plug in, and you really don’t want to be annoyed every time you have to cross the room to reach the nearest outlet. Try and organize your office in an area with easy access to power or at least run an extension cord to give yourself a simple place to plug in. Also, cord organizers are very helpful when it comes to preventing wires from getting tangled.
Kiwi Designs, Fine Blinds & Shutters is here to help if you want more tips on how to decorate your home office or make your house great. With years of experience in the Raleigh, NC window blinds industry, we have the knowledge and skills necessary to help. Call or visit us today.