Want your home to look more expensive? Keep reading for tips, like adding window shutters, to make your Raleigh, NC home look more expensive.
While status isn’t everything, it does feel nice when your home looks valuable. Especially the outside of your home, as curb appeal affects everything from what people passing by think of you and your home to your house’s resale value. What’s more, increasing your home’s curb appeal can be incredibly satisfying and rewarding. The good news is, it’s easier than you think to make your home look better from the outside. These are just a few tips to help your home look its best. These are simple and relatively inexpensive ways you can help make your home look more valuable on the outside:
- New Windows and Window Shutters – Old, dingy windows and window treatments can make your home look old and dingy from the outside. New replacement windows with fresh, clean frames as well as brand-new and sparkling window shutters will work wonders for your curb appeal. Plus, they will also improve your home’s energy efficiency, which will translate into long-term savings on your heating and cooling bill.
- A New Front Door – Your front door is the first thing your guests see, so why not make it the best it can be? Try replacing your door with a fancier one with sidelight or transom windows, as this will make your home look more elegant and will also bring more natural light into your entryway. You can also paint your existing door a fresh, new color to show off your personality.
- Modern Front Door Hardware – If you don’t have the budget to replace your front door, just replace the hardware. Invest in new doorknobs, latches, locks, kickplates or door knockers to give your entire entry way a simple, affordable refresh.
- A New Garage Door – A new garage door will make it seem like you shelled out thousands for a new garage! Modern garage doors can make your home look 20 years younger, newer, and more expensive. Plus, you can choose from many styles that can transform your home
- Fresh Window Boxes – Flowers are so welcoming and beautiful. Cover your home’s exterior with flowers by adding window boxes and filling them with lush greenery, flowers, or a mix of them both. To keep your home looking lavish year-round, replace the plants in the window boxes every season.
- Bright Lighting – Nothing is more luxurious than a beautifully lit yard at night. Add lighting to your landscaping plan to quickly make your home look more expensive. Try lights shining upwards on your front façade, lighting up a garden wall, or framing your entry walkway.
- A Clean Walkway – You won’t be able to find an expensive celebrity mansion with a dirty, overgrown walkway. Take a page out of your favorite celeb’s book and refresh your entry walkway. Trim the plants, power wash the sidewalk or bricks, and be sure to add fresh flowers for some color.
We are here to help if you want more information on home improvement or Raleigh, NC window shutters. Call or visit us today.