From shutters and curtains to window blinds in Raleigh, NC, there are a lot of options to choose from. There are so many things to think about when decorating a nursery, but you can’t forget the window coverings as they are key to style, safety, and longevity. You’ll want to purchase items that look good, keep your little one safe, and grow with your child. Where do you start?
These tips are here to help guide and inspire your choices. To begin, here is a list of child-friendly, safe, and stylish window treatments for your nursery:
- Cordless Window Blinds – Cordless blind designs are both pet and child safe as they don’t have cords for little ones to get wrapped up in.
- Motorized Window Coverings – Motorized window coverings like shades and shutters are safe for kids as they remove the danger of cords. As a bonus, they’re also very convenient as all it takes is the push of a button to open or close them. You can even program some models to open or close at specific times of day, like naptime or bedtime.
- Window Shutters – Shutters are practical and stylish. As they don’t have cords, they’re safe for both pets and children. They also make it easy to customize the light coming in through the windows as well as the privacy. Finally, shutters are timelessly charming and will look adorable with any nursery design. You can choose from real wood shutters that add a distinctive look or composite shutters for ease of cleanup, and both are very durable.
- Cellular Shades – Combining energy efficiency and a simple design, cellular shades are great options for nurseries. They have a honeycomb design that helps regulate the room’s temperature so your little one stays comfy and cozy. They are also easily customized to fit any window shape or room design.
- Blackout Blinds – If your little one is a light sleeper, blackout blinds are a great option. These window treatments block out light so your baby or toddler can get a good nap or night’s rest, no matter how sunny it is outside.
- Drapes – Drapes and valences offer timeless appeal. They can easily be customized to prevent your baby or pets from becoming tangled in them and come in a variety of fabrics and colors to suit your exact needs.
It’s important to note that safety is the most important aspect of any covering you choose for your nursery windows. If your nursery already has window treatments, take a look at them through the lens of safety: Are they hazardous for babies or small children? Do they present choking or strangling hazards with long cords? Are they heavy if they fall down? If your existing treatments don’t meet your safety standards, replace them with safer options.
It’s easy to balance safety, style, and function for the window treatments in your nursery. Want more tips on Raleigh, NC window blinds? Call or visit us today for more information on our services.