Looking to make some updates to your home? Now is the perfect time because the warm weather makes it easy to give your house the maintenance, care, and attention it needs. But where should you start? Try the windows and window coverings on your Raleigh, NC home. If you need some inspiration for updating the windows on your home, here is a list of the top window trends for 2021:
- Practical and Stylish Window Coverings – People want their window treatments to be more than just pretty these days. That why treatments like shutters are very popular. Shutters are not only stylish, they’re also incredibly functional, convenient, secure, and energy efficient. Explore shutters made from various materials like wood and vinyl to find the type that works best for you and your home.
- Energy Efficient Windows – Going green is very in right now, and for good reason. Not only are many people looking for ways to help the environment, but they’re also searching for easy ways to cut costs. Energy efficient windows accomplish both. Look for high-quality windows made from wood, vinyl, or fiberglass to help seal in your air-conditioned air and keep out the outside air. This will help make sure your home is at a comfortable temperature, helps save you money on energy spending, and reduce your energy usage to help the planet.
- Bow Windows – Bow windows feature three or more windows in a curved arc, adding a feeling of extra square footage as they extend just beyond your home’s wall. Bow windows might feel retro, but they’re making a big comeback right now. They not only help you take advantage of the extra summer light but also add value, space, and style to your home. Imagine all the things you can do with the extra space, from and bench for reading and storage to the perfect place to let your houseplants get the sunshine they need.
- Floor-To-Ceiling Windows – It’s no wonder these expansive windows are trending! Floor-to-ceiling windows allow tons of beautiful natural light into your home, reconnecting you with the outdoors and even boosting your mood. Plus, they’re incredibly dramatic and always make a stylish statement. Try large picture windows to achieve this look or go for a mixture of single-hung or double-hung windows in combination with lower or upper transoms so you can open some of the windows for fresh air.
- Impact Windows – The weather is getting nutty, so impact windows are trending. Even if you don’t live in an area that gets hurricanes or tornados, they are also very helpful for extra security and sun protection. Impact windows are made with laminated glass that filters 99% of UV rays. In the summer months, when the sun is shining at its peak, that filtration effect can help protect your furniture, drapes, and carpets from fading and can help keep your home’s temperature at a comfortable level.
Ready to improve your home this summer with new windows and Raleigh, NC window coverings? Kiwi Designs, Fine Blinds & Shutters is here to help. Stop by and visit us or give us a call today to learn more about what we can do for you and your windows.