Window blinds actually mean a lot for a house. From style and design to energy efficient and even temperature control, they make a big difference. That’s why it can be stressful to choose new window blinds for your Chapel Hill, NC home. However, before you get overwhelmed, use this list of what to think about before choosing your window blinds to help you be more prepared to find the best window blinds for your home.
- Light Control – No one likes TV glare or sun-bleached furniture. Window blinds play a huge part in light control for your home. You can choose light filtering blinds that just minimize the light coming in, or blackout treatments that totally block light when closed. Window blinds with operable slats are also a good choice as they allow you to customize light control on a daily basis. You can tilt the slats open to allow some light to come in, or close them completely for total light control. Definitely think about what kind of light control you want your new window blinds to have.
- Window Shape – It’s easy to change a lot of things around your house, but window shape is not one of them. Its imperative to find widow blinds that fit and compliment your home’s window shape. There are tons of window blinds that fit window shapes from classic rectangular to custom arched on the market. You can even custom-design and build window blinds to fit your specific needs and design wishes.
- Insulation – Even homes here in sunny Chapel Hill need insulation. The hot and humid days oftentimes make your air conditioner work overtime, but the right window blinds can help. About 25% of the cost it takes to cool your home is from energy loss out your windows, but there are excellent blinds options that can knock that number down. For example, cellular window blinds provide superb extra insulation due to their honeycomb shape. Insulation is always a factor when buying new window blinds.
- Appearance – You can never discount the importance of style, and your window blinds are a big part of that. The right window blinds can give you traditional clean lines or vibrant hints of color to perfectly compliment your décor. Think about what your home style is, to find window blinds to perfectly match.
- Cost – We can’t trick ourselves into thinking that budgets aren’t important, even when it comes to window blinds. Affordability is a key factor when finding window blinds. Materials, sizes and time constraints all have an effect on the cost of window blinds. Think about what you want to spend on your new window blinds.
Buying new window blinds doesn’t have to be stressful or scary. If anything, it should be fun! Trust Kiwi Designs, Fine Blinds & Shutters to help you find the best Chapel Hill, NC window blinds for your home. Visit us at 1785 NW Maynard Rd Cary, NC 27513, or give us a call at (919) 380-0898 to learn more.