It’s never a bad idea to make some improvements to your home, whether you want to make the best possible home for yourself and your loved ones or you’re planning on selling the house in the future. Some home improvement projects, like adding window coverings in Durham, NC, are better than others when it comes to getting a return on your investment, or ROI.
It can be tricky to determine which upgrade will give you the best bang for your buck, as every home is a bit different. However, there are a few projects that almost always give you maximum ROI. Here are the five best home improvements for ROI:
- Renovate Bathrooms and Kitchens – The kitchen and bathrooms are the most-used rooms in almost every home. What’s more, the quality of the kitchen and bathrooms has a big impact on the quality of life inside the home. No one wants to use an old, outdated, or otherwise lacking kitchen or bathroom every day. Upgrading your kitchen and bathroom cabinets, counters, and sinks will go a long way toward making your house more appealing to both you and prospective buyers when you choose to sell.
- Get New Doors – New doors can make the whole home feel brand new while serving as a warm welcome to neighbors and prospective homebuyers. New doors will also help make your home more energy efficient. When replacing doors, don’t shy away from bold and bright styles to catch some attention and make a statement.
- Focus On Your Front Yard – Curb appeal is key when selling a home, and your front yard is the first impression anyone gets of your house. Try pressure washing your siding and porch, getting a new mailbox, installing new lights, and investing in new landscaping.
- Invest in New Window Coverings – The right window coverings, from shutters and blinds to shades and more, can make your home look newer, brighter, and more stylish and can help you save tons of money on heating and cooling. New window treatments can also boost your curb appeal, further increasing your home’s value when you want to resell. Replacing all your window coverings at once is ideal, but if that’s not in the budget you can start by replacing the ones in key rooms like the living room, bedrooms, dining room, and kitchen. If you can, try installing coverings with more customization to let in even lighter and showcase more of your home’s interior design.
- Go for Hardwood Floors – You literally use your home’s floors every single day! The carpet can feel cozy, but it gets very dirty, very fast. Instead of carpet, invest in hardwood or laminate floors that look like hardwood. These floors look great, are easy to clean, and will last for years to come.
It’s possible to maximize your ROI when you renovate your home if you choose the right projects. For more home improvement tips or information on Durham, NC window coverings, give us a call or pay us a visit today.