It’s not that hard to make your home the best it can be so you can love it now and, in the years, to come. You can love your partner, your family, your dog, or even your friends. And you can love your house. Just because you don’t love your house now doesn’t mean it’s not possible. Here are five easy updates you can make, like refreshing the window coverings on your Raleigh, NC home, to help you really love your house:
- Add a Smart Window Covering – Smart homes are becoming quite popular, and for good reason. These devices make it easy for you to manage a wide range of home functions all with the touch of a button or the click of an app. Try adding smart lights so you can program when the lights go on and off in your home, or a smart security system to help keep your loved ones and possessions safe. You can also try adding motorized window treatments to your windows to make them easy to open, close, and program when you want more or less natural light or privacy.
- Update Your Kitchen Cabinets – Don’t have the budget for new kitchen cabinets? That’s ok! You can easily refresh them with some elbow grease and a little bit of time. Repainting the faces of your cabinets and drawers can create the look of a completely remodeled room. Of course, giving them a good scrub with warm water and vinegar mixture can be just as effective. Don’t forget to replace the old handles and knobs with new hardware.
- Try Accent Windows – Whether you want to add new windows to your home or paint your existing ones, accent windows make a big impact. Pick a fun, fresh color that will complement your existing décor while still standing out. Need color inspiration? Look to your throw pillows, artwork, or furniture, and don’t be afraid to choose something exciting.
- Get New Dishrags and Towels – You use your dishrags and towels every single day, so it makes sense if they look a little dingy and tired. Think about all the sinks you have in your home and get some fresh towels to go along with them. From the kitchen sink and the sink in the garage to the bathrooms and powder rooms, new towels will make your home feel fresh and clean without much work or a lot of money.
- Rejuvenate Your Porch – Make your porch feel brand new by adding new cushions, replacing, or repainting old furniture, and giving it a thorough cleaning. You can also give your front door and porch flooring a new coat of paint to add some color and complete the area with a new rug for some texture and interest. Is a holiday coming up? Get some decorations so you can spruce up your porch for the season.
If you want more tips on home improvement or Raleigh, NC window coverings, we are here to help. Call or visit us today.