If you no longer love your home, don’t worry! There are lots of little projects you can do, like getting window shutters in Raleigh, NC to help you fall in love with your house all over again. Let’s look at seven simple things you can do to freshen up your home and make you love it again:
- Get New Windows – Windows has a big impact on how a home looks and feels. Whether you’re sick of drafts or you don’t like the look of old frames, getting replacement windows can go a long way toward freshening your home.
- Upgrade Your Window Shutters – Your window treatments should combine both function and style. If yours are too old to look nice or to run down to work properly, it’s time for an upgrade. Try traditional window shutters for a grounded look or go for modern shades or blinds for a sleek appearance.
- Get a Smart Device – You are missing out if you haven’t gotten a smart home device yet. There are tons of easy-to-install devices you can buy that will make a big impact on your home. For example, you can get smart lights that allow you to turn them on, off, or dim them with an app on your phone or on a timer. You can even program the lights to turn on at a certain time, such as right before you get home from work.
- Paint the Cabinets – Getting new kitchen or bathroom cabinets might not be in your budget, but you can paint them. Repainting the faces of your cabinets and drawers helps create the feeling of a remodeled room. Don’t forget to thoroughly clean them with soap and water before you paint. If you’re not feeling up to the task of new paint, or you don’t have the time, consider replacing old knobs and handles with something modern and new.
- Paint an Accent Wall – Color is always a fun, fresh way to liven up a space. If you don’t have the time or budget to repaint an entire room, paint an accent wall for a quick splash of color. Choose a bold color that will complement the rest of the room’s design. If you need to, update some of the room’s finishes, like window treatments, artwork, or throw pillows, to match the new shade. Warm colors such as yellow and orange will make the space appear smaller while cool colors like blue and green can make the room look bigger.
- New Towels – Are your hand or bath towels sort of dingy? Get some new ones for a fast and easy bathroom or kitchen refresh. Replacing the dishrags and towels throughout your home is a simple way to create an eye-catching impact with little work. Think about all the sinks in your home and make sure each one has clean, fresh, and fun towels.
That “just moved in” feeling might be long gone, but that doesn’t mean you can’t bring it back again. It’s time to refresh your home! Do you want more tips on home improvement or Raleigh, NC window shutters? Call or visit us today.