If you’re looking to revitalize your interior décor style while you’re adding window coverings to your Raleigh, NC home, boho chic might be the way to go.
The term “boho” comes from the word “bohemian,” which is defined as it as “a person (such as a writer or an artist) living an unconventional life usually in a colony with others” or alternatively, “vagabond, wanderer,” according to Webster’s Dictionary. In other words, boho means “free spirit,” so, boho chic décor is interior touches that evokes an eclectic, unconventional, and generally inviting feeling. Want to add some boho flair to your home? When you walk into a boho-design living space, it should stir your imagination. The mixture of colors, patterns, and textures invite you to explore. So have fun!
Let these tips serve as your inspiration:
- Go Green – Lush greenery isn’t just for your garden. Bring plenty of outdoor beauty inside with lots and lots of house plants and flowers. Big leafy plants, succulents, and snake plants are perfect for a boho chic look, especially since they add a peaceful feeling to the space. Plus, plants are great for filling in blank spaces or softening an otherwise harsh corner.
- Add an Area Rug – Area rugs add instant flair, warmth, and personality to a space. Complete your boho chic room with an area rug, even if you have carpet. Just stick to your chosen color palate and you can’t go wrong.
- Upgrade Your Windows and Treatments – The most welcoming feature a room can have is plenty of natural light. Make sure your space gets the light you like with brand new replacement windows and window treatments, like window shutters, shades, or blinds.
- Highlight Different Eras – Your grandma’s china cabinet will look great with your aunt’s mid-century coffee table in a boho chic room! Enjoy highlighting different periods and vintages, just be sure to tie them together with a similar color palate of accessories.
- Find a Simple Statement Piece – Boho chic rooms can be a bit overwhelming, so it’s a good idea to choose at least one simple, clean piece. That way, the eyes can have a bit of a rest. Try keeping the couch a solid, neutral color or make sure one wall is plain.
- Find Your Own Version – The best part of boho chic style is that it often means different things to different people. Find your own version of the style and share your story.
- Focus on Texture – Lean into different textures with fringe, tassels, crochet, fake fur, hooked weaves, sheepskin, and more. Play with mixing different textures, like placing a woven pillow on a velvet sofa or a feathered art piece on a plain, clean wall.
- Mix Patterns – Forget the old rule about mixing patterns! Define a color palate, like warm, blues, or another mixture, and then go nuts with patterns that fit that palate. A hidden benefit of patterns is that they hide flaws, stains, and spills really well.
Do you want more design tips or information on Raleigh, NC window coverings? Kiwi Designs, Fine Blinds & Shutters is here to help. Please call or visit anytime.